Thursday, February 23, 2012

1 month to go!

SAY WHAT!?

Have I seriously been pregnant this long already? I'll be 36 weeks on Sunday. Some days it feels like it's been a lifetime, but other days I want to put it all in slow motion because I need more time to prepare for this parenting thing. I think because the baby grows so fast the last couple months, and your stretchy clothes start gettin extremely snug, it makes you go...HOLY CRAP!

As far as I know, this little mongral is still head up...which would be the wrong position for natural labor, and would in turn require a c-section. Neither one of those sound appealing at this point. The closer it gets, I think I'd rather be knocked out all together. Danny can record the miracle. I'll gladly wake up when it's all said and done.

And let's talk about water breakage. I'm still working as a hair stylist 24 hours a week. I stand for 6 hours at a time in hopes that being on my feet will cause this little guy to come sooner than later. But, what if my water breaks while I'm doing a mens haircut. "Ohhhhh...sir, whatever you do, dont look down and walk away with caution." Uhhh....AWKWARD! Pregnancy is so gross. Yes, it's a miracle and the changes a woman goes through are pretty radical, but just as disgusting.

Now, pregnancy in itself is extremely hard to go through as a woman. Being that you get rather large and all your normal clothes are packed away while you do everything you can with your make-up to bring attention to your face so people don't notice your growing buttocks. But let's talk about the special things my husband has shared with me the past few months (to top it all off) before it ever hit his brain.

-"Wow babe, you're huge!"

-I come out of the bathroom after getting on the scale and his response is "hahahaha".

-While looking at our wedding photos "Look how pretty you were, babe.....I mean, look how small you used to be.......oh, you know what I mean"

-"Babe, you're so pretty. I'm sorry I havent been attracted to you lately."

-Just last night I said he was a sheet hog cuz my butt is always sticking out of the covers on my side, and he said "Oh, nothing can cover that butt right now."

Men are geniuses. (But we already knew that.)

We had maternity pictures done a couple weeks ago. They turned out fantastical! Cant wait to do infant portraits next. Let's have this baby! Maybe I'll have a little jack in my lap the next time I get on here. Or maybe I'll write a crying blog because the little squirt hasnt come yet. We shall see. Hope you all have a glorious day! Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment