Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's a boy!

It's official. At 16 weeks they saw a package. We got a BOY! Jack Danger Jamison has no choice but to be hardcore. :) I'm 21 weeks today. Half way through my pregnancy, and feeling great. What freaks me out is I haven't really felt any significant kicks or punches yet. All my "mom" friends tell me to enjoy this while it lasts, because soon I'll be wishing he'd STOP. But seriously, I'm ready to know he's there by feeling him rather than just an ultrasound picture. 


Once we found out the gender, my husband and I decided to go register at Babies R Us. We went to the registry dept and got signed up. But once they gave us the zapper and set us free, I truly almost had a panic attack. It took everything within me not to cry. This was NOT like our wedding registry. THAT was fun...THIS was pure panic. They told us to start at bedding.....so we walked through the cribs finding no black furniture. (which is what we want) so we decided to skip the crib and go to mattresses. Why are there 3 isles of mattresses? Can't they just have one standard mattress for all cribs? New parents don't know what the heck they need. And their handy dandy 2 page booklet of all the babies necessities was not handy at all. There was stuff on there I had never heard of and walking the isles became so overwhelming we just had to leave. Knowing we had barely scratched the surface, I knew I had to go back and attempt this again at some point, but the next time I went in, I came prepared. I brought a "mom" friend with me. Her son isn't quite one yet, so she knew exactly what I needed and didn't need. We whipped through all the isles and even hit Target too. We got everything done in less than 2 hours and I know I couldn't have done it without her. 


Work is going great. I can still stand for hours at the salon, but I will admit I have to bring a lint roller to de-hair my maternity pants from the loose hairs that poke me throughout the day. It's really annoying. Little hairs get stuck in the banding around my belly and itch the heck outta me. My poor fellow employees have to watch me constantly lint roll my gut in the back room. I'm sure they love it. I've gained 12lbs. Clearly I'm bigger than I was, and the protruding belly in front of me proves it, but people STILL won't dare ask me when I'm due. I've had several guests this passed week who I haven't seen in a few months ask me what's new in my life and I just stand in front of them like, "REALLY!!?? WHAT'S NEW WITH ME!?". I really hope I didn't look this big before I was pregnant. And I pray within this next month that Jack helps me out a little and makes me unmistakably pregnant looking. I still have to get the door for myself and lift hefty trash bags because no one around me thinks I'm brewing a baby. But when that day comes, best believe I'm going to milk it for all it's worth. 


After 5 months of pregnancy, I can honestly say I love being pregnant. If my 2nd pregnancy is worse, at least Jack tricked me into wanting more kids. Heck, at this rate, I'm down to be the next Dugger.(minus 17) 

No comments:

Post a Comment